This client contracted GRS to strip off their existing shingle roofing system, apply an ice and water membrane, then re-shingle the system on their home. GRS carried out the work and later returned to address a leak in another part of the roof. Continue reading Residential Shingle Roofing Replacement, Edmonton, April 2014
This condominium in Edmonton required temporary roof repairs to mitigate water and wind damage. Several areas of the rooftop had missing shingles and a full inspection of the building was requested by the client. Temporary repairs are needed to prevent further water damage inside the units. Inspection, August 12, 2013: This location has severe wind damage as out lined in an earlier correspondence with the client.
- Specific to temporary repairs ordered, the area is approximately 10sq. of wind damage on 4 unit building (#64-#67).
- Above unit 65 was hit worst.
- Temporary repairs affected to 65 and others on block unit.
- No visual hail damage on vents or any metal.
- This is a 3 story back side and 2 story front side.
- The pitch is approx 6/12 with some being 5/12.
- The IKO brand shingle and product number A40490 color is weather wood.
Further observation of complex:
- Shingles missing and fascia and siding damaged to units 1 – 8, 24, 50, 80, 83 and 134.
- While working on unit #65 I could see that there was wind damage to unit #83, unit #50, as well as unit #10 (photos taken). I added 4 shingles while up there to stop the water from entering.
- Unit #50 & #10 I was unable to tend to them due to extreme weather conditions - they have similar areas as unit #65.
- Unit #128 was missing a piece of facia.
- Unit #138 was missing a a couple pieces of imitation cedar shake siding but there was no roof damage to this unit.
- There is a serious mishap with the nail lines for this complex, every area that has blown off has the nails too high – installation of shingles will not meet manufacturer recommendation.
This client was in the process of purchasing a new home which had several missing shingles. A request was made to GRS for an inspection and estimate to replace the missing shingles. Inspection Notes: There are 5 missing 3-tab shingles which need to be replaced, as well as nails to refasten the metal fan vents, and rubber modified bitumen to seal off exposed nails in the anchor points and roof fixtures. If you decide to hire us to fix the roof, we will be able to match the shingle style and colour, and I should be able to repair the roof within the same day as I receive the work order. There is no Ice and Water Shield along the eavestroughs or valleys, but in order to install this the roof would have to be replaced completely. If you have any questions you can respond to this e-mail or please call me on my cell phone. The repairs were made successfully and the client sent the following email expressing her pleasure in our work:
Good morning, Thank you for taking care of the roof repairs so quickly. When you have a chance can you let me know what all you did and if I need to follow up on anything other than the ice shield. Thanks again.< End Report > CODE: 15624 Contact Us Call our 24 hour emergency roof repair at 1.780.424.7663. Mail to: 3428 99 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta T6E-5X5. We service all of Alberta including Edmonton, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan, St Albert, Sherwood Park, Leduc, Nisku, Beaumont, Lac La Biche, Grande Prairie, High Level, Westlock, Slave Lake, Edson, Drayton Valley, Devon, Camrose, Wetaskiwin, Tofield, Lamont, Morinville, Vegreville, Tofield, Millet, Calmar, Evansburg, Redwater, Onaway, Viking, Athabasca, High Prairie, Valleyview, Fairview, Peace River, Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and many more rural areas and toeDeDwns.