Below you will find a series of reports from the Grande Prairie roofing repair crew. Initially, they had been called in for snow removal on a condominium complex flat roof. This culminated into further inquiries for a roof replacement in the summer season.
Inspection, January 18 2011:
The scupper drains on the north and south side of the roof were blocked with ice, and the drain pipe was frozen. I suggested to disconnect the frozen pipe, clean the ice out of the scupper, and clean the snow off the roof. The client gave their approval following our observations.
As far as cleaning goes, this roof should be easy, as there are many areas to throw the snow off from.
Roof Report, January 19 2011:
I arrived at 8:30am and cleaned approximately 5,000 to 6,000 sq. ft. of snow from the client's flat roof. The ice was cleaned from the two scupper drains as well, followed by an ice melt application.
Service Followup, January 20 2011:
Although the snow removal is complete, the client still has frozen drain pipes. The north scupper seemed to be running when I left the site. There is an internal drain on the south side that will be helpful when water starts to accumulate down on that end.
Leak Investigation, January 27 2011:
The drain on the south side needs to be repaired with torch-on and SOPRAMASTIC. Our client also inquired about a roof replacement for next summer.
Roof Report, January 29 2011:
Based on our investigations, we carried out a drain leak repair with a torch-on membrane. Mastic was applied as a sealant. Eventually this drain will require a replacement.
Quotation, April 4 2011:
- Immediate Repairs Required to Tar and Gravel Flat Roof.
- Replacement (retro fit) of Front Entry Roof.
- Replacement Options:
- EPDM (Black Rubber Roof).
- TPO or PVC (White Reflective Roof).
- 2 Ply SBS Modified Bitumen (Torch-On).
- BUR – Tar and Gravel Built Up Roofing (BUR).
- Retrofit/Overlay Options:
- TPO or PVC.
- Recoat of Hot Tar or Coat of Cold Application Emulsion & Repairs.
- Spray on SPF (Top Coating add 1.00 – 2.00 per sq).
- Metal Panels (Corrugated, Ribbed, or Standing Seam).
- Roof Flashing (if they cannot be reused).
System Application Reference Online Links:
- Warranty: Manufacturer Warranty As Applicable.
- Workmanship Guarantee: GRS Lifetime Unconditional Workmanship Guarantee.
- Technical Service: 24 Hr - 7 Day – 365 Day Per Year Technical Service.
- Credentials: Licensed, Soprema PAQ S Advanced Certified, WCB, $5,000,000.00.
- Commercial Liability Insurance, Safety Program Exceeds Provincial Standard.
- Work Duration: Repairs 2 days. Replacement 9 – 12 days. Retrofit 5 – 8 days.
- 2011 Crew Schedule Availability: April 26, May 10, 24, June 13, July 26, 2011.
< End Report >
Call our 24 hour emergency roof repair at 1.780.424.7663. Mail to: 3428 99 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta T6E-5X5.
We service all of Alberta including Edmonton, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan, St Albert, Sherwood Park, Leduc, Nisku, Beaumont, Lac La Biche, Grande Prairie, High Level, Westlock, Slave Lake, Edson, Drayton Valley, Devon, Camrose, Wetaskiwin, Tofield, Lamont, Morinville, Vegreville, Tofield, Millet, Calmar, Evansburg, Redwater, Onaway, Viking, Athabasca, High Prairie, Valleyview, Fairview, Peace River, Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and many more rural areas and towns.