- Remove three to four rows of shakes above the sky window.
- Install a row of shakes to the full length of the sky window to get the roof up to curb-level.
- Install flashing from roof deck to curb and seal to curb.
- Install 36 in. Ice & Water shield from roof deck onto flashing.
- Reinstall 18 in. roofing felt.
- Reinstall three to four rows of heavy cedar shakes.
Your contact is the facility manager and expects a service call prior to servicing the leaks. Before any future work is performed, a quote must be done unless it is with respect to repairs from shoveling. Note that one of our workers said there is a section that needs repair from a leak that was not caused by our shoveling.There had been sub-zero conditions in Edmonton that month. We provided the client with an update when the weather was beginning to become favourable. February 27 2011:
As you know, we had temporarily sealed the various points where leakage was occurring as well as spots where we noticed tears. We have also received the Sarnafil that we had special ordered for your site. The next step is to wait the sub-zero weather out and get the Sarnafil patches welded on to permanently seal the deficiencies. In these temperatures that we are currently experience, the cold may prevent proper adhesion. We would rather wait it out than have to come back for another visit. If you need any further clarification, please give us a shout. We will give you a call before arrival, at any rate.Field Report, March 18 2011: We repaired the leaks right before the afternoon broke out. Any patches that required maintenance were also attended to. More problems, April 19 2011:
I just got off the phone with the facility manager and he said that leaking has begun again. He believes it is in a different spot, since the leaks are exiting from the carpentry shop about 30 ft. to 40 ft. from the roof hatch.In the meantime, a PVC repair was also added to the invoice. The weather did not let up until June. PVC Repair, June 1 2011: We called the facility manager and arrived to the facility at 10:45 am. The PVC membrane top-side is damaged in three areas and requires approximately 16 ft. cover strips to repair it. < End Report > Code: IK Call our 24 Hour Emergency Roof Repair at 1.780.424.7663. Mail to: 3428 99 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta T6E-5X5. For all other areas of Canada call 1.877.497.3528 Toll Free. We service all of Alberta including Edmonton, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan, St Albert, Sherwood Park, Leduc, Nisku, Beaumont, Lac La Biche, Grande Prairie, High Level, Westlock, Slave Lake, Edson, Drayton Valley, Devon, Camrose, Wetaskiwin, Tofield, Lamont, Morinville, Vegreville, Tofield, Millet, Calmar, Evansburg, Redwater, Onaway, Viking, Athabasca, High Prairie, Valleyview, Fairview, Peace River, Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and many more rural areas and towns.
- Remove shingles.
- Remove sheathing, insulation, and poly.
- Insulators come in.
- Re-sheet deck (we are supplying material).
- Install EPDM system.
- New skylights installed.
- Edge flashing to be white.
- Gutters and downs replaced to be white.
- Remove shingles.
- Reapply new green shingles.
Article: Deicing and Roof Snow Removal Edmonton.Below you will find a routine snow removal for condominium units in Edmonton, Alberta. Quotation, January 21 2011:
- Roof Snow and Ice Removal, all buildings 4' from eave
Article: Ice Dam Removal Edmonton.Below you will find a report from our Edmonton roofing repair crew responding to a call from a commercial client to remove ice damming and to weatherproof their metal roof eaves trough. Quotation, January 18 2011:
- Remove ice damn from eaves trough area on metal roof
- Apply EPDM Firestone Rubber to roof eave and around face to make area monolithic so no water/ice enters roof system in the future
- Remove ice dam from eaves trough area. The pricing does not include roof snow and ice removal, only trough. If removal of ice may damage the trough, stop work, notify the client, and we will have to discuss replacement options.
- After eaves are clean, the Senior Foreman will apply EPDM Firestone Rubber to the roof eave and around the face to make the area monolithic.
Below you will find a series of Roof Reports and photos from our roofing repair crew in Unity, Saskatchewan. The client asked us to perform some retrofitting and approved some assessments that were made on-site. Roof retrofitting and leak mitigation was provided.
Roof Report, August 24 2010:We opened one ventilation unit which was found to have traces of moisture. It was water-tested, which came back positive as a leak area. We also found areas that had open wire penetrations and gas lines going into the building. A cut-test was also performed, where 4-ply styrofoam insulation (5") and a vapour barrier was found. This might explain why water had to travel some distance before it appeared as a leak, since the rest of the roof is in good shape. Areas requiring maintenance were sealed with mash, mastic and additional caulking as required.