- Remove the shingles on both sides of both dormers.
- Install valley and/or step as required.
- Install the Ice and Water Membrane under valley and step areas to both dormer areas.
- Ice and water membrane, then metal, then ice and water membrane on they valley metal sides.
Article: Deicing and Roof Snow Removal Edmonton.Below you will find a routine snow removal for condominium units in Edmonton, Alberta. Quotation, January 21 2011:
- Roof Snow and Ice Removal, all buildings 4' from eave
Article: Roof Snow Removal Edmonton.Below you will find a series of roof reports from the Edmonton roofing repair crew clearing snow from a residential roof to alleviate leaking. The client had a shingle roof on a two-storey building. Roof Report, January 22 2011: I checked the roof for leaks and determined water was getting into the soffit due to an ice dam on the upper right side (facing the backyard). The attic inspection showed that all appeared to be well except the vent running along the roof ridge was plugged and not working. After discussing payment, we cleared the lower roof of snow and ice damming. The upper roof at this time of the day was unsafe. Firstly, the cooler temperature results in harder snow, and secondly, there was water under the ice dam that spanned 4.5' up the roof. We will attempt to clear this area tomorrow. Roof Report, January 23 2011: As we had anticipated yesterday, our crew was able to finish clearing all the snow from the roof. This client should not be experiencing leaks anymore. < End Report > Code: 14875 Contact Us Call our 24 hour emergency roof repair at 1.780.424.7663. Mail to: 3428 99 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta T6E-5X5. We service all of Alberta including Edmonton, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan, St Albert, Sherwood Park, Leduc, Nisku, Beaumont, Lac La Biche, Grande Prairie, High Level, Westlock, Slave Lake, Edson, Drayton Valley, Devon, Camrose, Wetaskiwin, Tofield, Lamont, Morinville, Vegreville, Tofield, Millet, Calmar, Evansburg, Redwater, Onaway, Viking, Athabasca, High Prairie, Valleyview, Fairview, Peace River, Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and many more rural areas and towns.
Below you will find a series of Roof Reports and photos from our roofing repair crew in Unity, Saskatchewan. The client asked us to perform some retrofitting and approved some assessments that were made on-site. Roof retrofitting and leak mitigation was provided.
Roof Report, August 24 2010:We opened one ventilation unit which was found to have traces of moisture. It was water-tested, which came back positive as a leak area. We also found areas that had open wire penetrations and gas lines going into the building. A cut-test was also performed, where 4-ply styrofoam insulation (5") and a vapour barrier was found. This might explain why water had to travel some distance before it appeared as a leak, since the rest of the roof is in good shape. Areas requiring maintenance were sealed with mash, mastic and additional caulking as required.
- Flat Roof Overlay / RetroFit Options
- EPDM (Black Roof – Recycled Tires)
- TPO or PVC (White Roof)
- Flat Roof Replacement Options
- TPO or PVC
- SBS Modified Bitumen (Torch On Rolls)
- Tar and Gravel (Traditional Built Up Roofing)
- Flat Roof Replacement Extras (over attached garaget)
- Perimeter Flashing (replace only as required)
- Custom Fabricated Eaves, Downs, and Scuppers (as required)
- Site Visit Done. Initial Assessment Completed. Photos on file (see Krain Consulting report).
- Options for roof replacement, roof overlay, repairs, and regular maintenance attached.
- Full roof replacement is not required except at garage portion where the installation crew will determine how much to take out when they open roofing system.
- An EPDM, TPO, or PVC roofing system overlay is a reasonable option for this roof.
- A roof overlay saves significant costs, provides environmental relief as old system does not end up in the waste, and all the roof overlay systems are very successful.
- The deciding factor when considering a roof overlay is whether the preference is a black roof (drawing the sun in) or a white roof (a cool roof for more efficient function).
- Repairs to existing roof is a consideration, but not recommended considering the number of failures.
- Roof Flashing.
- The existing roof flashing is in moderately good shape. It could be replaced but it is most definitely not required. We suggest keeping as much of the old flashing as possible.
- We suggest keeping as much of the old flashing in place as possible. When the new roofing system is retrofitted, the Senior Installation Manager would instruct the crew to save as much of the old flashing as possible (unless client decides to simply replace all flashings).
- The roof flashing invoicing (whether all new is ordered or the existing flashing is modified) would be a separate invoice. Our sheet metal / flashing crew is about two weeks behind our flat roof membrane applicators so we would bill the flashing separate of the roofing system.
- Eaves, Downs, and Scuppers.
- Crew to be instructed to slope roof in such a way that the flow of water moves toward the east and south.
- Custom fabricated architecturally designed eaves and gutters with external scuppers (drainage to gutter area) will be added to back of home and east side. Client and installation manager to determine where the downspouts will send water to on east side of property.
Scope of Work: Repairs to Existing BUR – Built Up Roof System.
- 7 areas of the roof have blistering that requires repair.
- 3 areas of the roof have ponding that requires repair.
- 2 units show water penetration to the interior.
Hi, Our report, that was copied to you, determined that there are a number of areas of concern that will cause leaks; 1. Areas such as the caulking on the heat stacks (you don't need to call anyone to replace heat stacks) - maintenance issue. 2. Ice damming glacier effect - again maintenance. The previous repairs are not the issue. You have a failed roof that is going to fail in a number of areas at any time, as with this report. When the roof fails the leaks will manifest on the inside at the lowest points, the same points as always because water finds the lowest point in that area and manifests. Did you want a work order to have repairs done? Thanks